• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella`s are they really helping contractors with tax affairs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco
    I see your amazing grammer skills stike again. I did not say that I had never been in the forces, I just said that I had not served in Iraq/Afghanistan.

I freely admit that I have not been in a theatre of war, I got out before the government decided to try and play world police and screw about with every conflict that is ever happening. The two main reasons I got out were because I don't agree with the politics that the current administration favours, and also because my wife didn't want me to stay in and end up dead in some foreign country.

If it makes you feel better I can strip and re-assemble a 5.56 rifle in just over 30 seconds and I used to be able to put down a two pence piece grouping at 100 yards. I've also pulled a unconcious guy with two broken ankles out of his car before it lit up and barbecued him. What does this mean? nothing. You signed up knowing full well the risks and i'm not going to give you undue credit for doing what any one of us would do in a similar situation.

I was interested to know your credentials as you do not come across as somebody around the age of 30 (which you must be if you served in Bosnia when it was dangerous) and belive it or not if you had served in the same unit as some people I know I would have been interested to know more.

A whole lot of anger there for very little reason. You must meet a lot of people that you classify as fools who are in reality reacting to your overly hostile and agressive demeanour, something that SGT's and above do not usuallly suffer from. I'd put you down as a half screw.
    Ardesco Fair do`s mate I take it all back and knowing you have been in service regardless of TOW or anything else I apologise to you mate if I seemed over zealous.

I never intended to come on here and blag about anything - but **** me there are so many plebs on here, and I just wanted honest advice.

I may not be an anal spell checker and if that is a crime I am as guilty as sin !!
    Last edited by Lotech; 8 August 2007, 14:12.

Comment

If others want to make a row of it with me I am afraid I will more often than not be willing to have it.
      It's alright, you'll grow out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
        When did you serve in Afghanistan ?? aren't your boys out there now???
        Helmand is the target now which was the heartland of the Taliban and its poppy growing industry. Drugs and arms have been monitoried by UN with NATO help longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
          I see your amazing spelling skills stike again
          I seem to have a real problem with grammar don't I

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            It's alright, you'll grow out of it.
            I just wanted some advice that is all.

Comment

TBH the guy came on and asked politely for some help. As usual he gets abuse and snide remarks as a first point of call. Ok the guy got a little shirty (understandably so IMHO) but it's no excuse for the cyber bullying. No wonder new users feel inhibited to post.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I must point out that his query was answered in the 2rd reply to his post and PAYE explained in the 4th.

Anybody who has read these forums for a week or so will be aware that there are a bunch of spelling and grammer (erm grammar) nazi's on these boards and really, a bit of thick skin is required in the contracting world

Comment

Originally posted by Lotech
                  I just wanted some advice that is all.
                  Go back into the Army, perhaps? That's a suggestion, a request, and a fervent prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                    I must point out that his query was answered in the 2rd reply to his post and PAYE explained in the 4th.

Anybody who has read these forums for a week or so will be aware that there are a bunch of spelling and grammer (erm grammar) nazi's on these boards and really, a bit of thick skin is required in the contracting world
                    Nazis not nazi's

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                      Nazis not nazi's
                      My point exactly

Comment

Working...
                      X